Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 1: Getting Ready

So today I've been getting ready.  I want to start implementing my new lifestyle on Monday (it's always easier to start something at the beginning of the week).  Today I've been getting my world in order.  Doing laundry, cleaning the house, catching up on yard work and my actual job (I work from home).  I want to be able to start on Monday and not be distracted by other things.  I cleaned out the kitchen and went grocery shopping.

I want to be clear that I didn't just wake up and decide to change my lifestyle and eating habits, it's been something I've been thinking about doing for a long time.  I've actually started and stopped again many times.  Which is why I thought a blog might be helpful.  Who knows maybe one of these days I'll have followers on here, and it will help me to feel more accountable for my actions.

I've been going to a gym for quite sometime now.  I know just about all of the morning trainers and front desk people.  I don't go everyday, but I usually make it at the very least 3 days a week.  So why am I still fat???  Decisions.  I make horrible decisions. 

It's like I can't even help it.  I continually chose to eat out, when I know I could make the same meal at home for cheaper, and probably a lot healthier.  When at the store it's like my cart has a split personality.  Half the food would make you think I'm an organic food crunchy granola type, and the other half is over processed junk that has no right going into any one's mouth let alone the lining the grocery store shelves. 

So today I bought all healthy stuff, a few organic items that I could afford, and 2 overly processed items that maybe I could have skipped on (tortilla chips and graham crackers), everything else was fruits, veggies, whole grains, or lean meats.  I created a meal plan that I'm determined to stick to.  It's time to retrain my mind and stomach as to what food is.  I mean food, real food, not food made with ingredients that I can't pronounce or didn't exist 60 years ago. 

Tomorrow I have more prep work to do.  And Monday I begin.  I'm looking forward to a new me.  At least a new me on the outside.  I really have learned to love and accept myself for who I am.  I truly feel that doing that is the first step towards success for me (or anyone who is wanting to change any aspect of their life).  I know that I have great potential for this life, and I can do a whole lot of good.  Now it's about time I start treating myself that way and do something to better my life, and as I get healthier it will only help me do more for those around me.  Who knows maybe it will help someone out there in this world wide web as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment