Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 4

So today was a little crazy.  I've been super busy, which is good because there is no time to focus on cravings.  I went to the doctor today to have some blood taken and see if I have hypothyroidism.  I recently found out that I have a family history of relatives with a under active thyroid.  I should hear back in about a week.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Part of me would be relieved to know that there is something wrong with me that is making this process of losing weight and keeping it off so difficult.  Then there's another part of me that doesn't want to have to deal with battling my body to stay healthy.  Right now I think I'd rather hear there's nothing wrong and know that I just need to work a lot harder and be consistent.

I actually think consistent healthy eating is more effective than consistent exercise.  I'm still focusing on trying to only eat when I'm hungry.  It has been interesting to try and discern that.  I've been drinking a full glass of what every time I feel like I'm hungry.  Sometime I've actually been hungry, others I was just thirsty. No gym today, between doctor's appointments and work I couldn't make it during child care hours, but I'm definitely going tomorrow.

Okay I've got to go to bed now.  I'm trying to get a good 8 hours of sleep each night, but I had a last minute work deadline, that needed to get done tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment