Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 3:

Today was somewhat tougher than expected.  Since I work from home my schedule is constantly changing.  It's also Memorial Day so the child care at my gym was closed.  Luckily a friend was able to help me out and I made it to the gym for a quick 35 mins.  I did abs (ball crunches, plank for 1 minute, leg raises, medicine ball move where you balance on your butt and take the ball from one side to the other, and weighted machines that target obliques and lower abs).  Then treadmill (20 mins doing intervals on incline, speed stayed between 3.0 & 3.5 but every 2 minutes I would adjust the incline from 5% to 10% to 2% to 15 % to 8% and then started at 5% again). Not what I was hoping for but something is better than nothing. 

The hardest part about today was the food.  It was really hard to resist the urge to snack.  Thank goodness my house has only healthy stuff in it right now.  I went to a friends house for dinner.  It wasn't as hard to pick the healthy stuff knowing that others are watching.  I made sure to eat a proper portion size.  What was tough was coming home and not eating more.  I wanted to, but instead I focused on the fact that I wasn't really hungry and I didn't want to deal with the guilt of breaking down at the end of my first day.

I didn't break down.  I stayed strong.  I ate well today, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  I've got something big going on, and I'm not sure what I really want to hear from it.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment